The Interpretation of Dreams is a book written by Sigmund Freud, who was a psychoanalyst. The book was published in the 1800s and talks of dreams and the author’s view on them.
The Interpretation of Dreams Pdf Review:
In the book, Freud talks about the relationship between dreams and daily life. His own dream or Irma’s injection is what set the pace for this book. It was due to the dream that he was prevented from mishandling a patient. He finds the relation between the unconscious and daily life. The author believed that dreams are a result of two mental processes. The first one was the wish that a person would think of, and that is expressed in the dream. The second is something that one wants to censor but it is revealed in the dream in form of a wish.
The Interpretation of Dreams Features:
- Freud associated wish fulfillment with dreams and their interpretation.
- He also mentions the relation that dreams have with the waking state of a person.
Table of Contents:
- Preface to the Third German Edition
- Preface to the Second (German) Edition
- Introductory Note (first edition)
- The Scientific Literature of Dream-Problems (Up to 1900)
- The Relation of the Dream to the Waking State
- The Material of Dreams — Memory in Dreams
- Dream-Stimuli and Sources
- Why Dreams Are Forgotten After Waking
- The Psychological Peculiarities of Dreams
- The Ethical Sense in Dreams
- Dream-Theories and the Function of the Dream
- The Relation between Dreams and Mental Diseases
- Addendum 1909
- Addendum 1914
- The Method of Dream Interpretation
- The Dream as Wish-Fulfilment
- Distortion in Dreams
- The Material and Sources of Dreams
- Recent and Indifferent Impressions in the Dream
- Infantile Experiences as the Source of Dreams
- The Somatic Sources of Dreams
- Typical Dreams
- The Dream-Work
- The Work of Displacement
- The Means of Representation in Dreams
- Regard for Representability
- Representation in Dreams by Symbols: Some Further Typical Dreams
- Examples — Arithmetic and Speech in Dreams
- Absurd Dreams — Intellectual Performances in Dreams
- The Affects in Dreams
- The Secondary Elaboration
- The Psychology of the Dream Processes
- The Forgetting of Dreams
- The Wish-Fulfilment
- Waking Caused by Dreams — The Function of Dreams — The Anxiety Dream
- The Primary and Secondary Processes. Repression
- The Unconscious and Consciousness. Reality.
- Before the Publication of the First German Edition of this Book (1900)
- Bibliography Since 1900
Download The Interpretation of Dreams Pdf Free:
You can use the download button below to download The Interpretation of Dreams Pdf ebook free.