The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone-Especially Ourselves is a book written by Dan Ariely. The author was a cognitive science Professor at the Duke University. This book was published in 2012. The book basically talks about cheating and how it occurs. It further goes on to explain how cheating may be discouraged in people.
The Honest Truth About Dishonesty Pdf Review:
The author has performed many experiments in the lab as well as in life to explain the concept of cheating. His findings are present in the book. For example, he does a test where he puts Coca Cola bottles and dollar bills in a dorm. The students take the bottles but not the money because they think taking dollar bills is stealing but taking soda cans does not make them feel like thieves. He finds from his experiments that when given a chance, humans almost always cheat but they only cheat to the extent where they do not feel their integrity is a loss.
The Honest Truth About Dishonesty Pdf Features:
- The author has found through his experiments that the reward that one gets and the chances of being caught do not affect the probability of people being dishonest.
- If one feels like others are being dishonest or there is a culture of dishonesty that is prevalent, this increases the chance of dishonesty in a person.
Table of Contents:
- Why is dishonesty so interesting?
- Testing the simple model of rational crime (SMORC)
- Fun with the fudge factor
- Blinded by our own motivations
- Why we blow it when we’re tired
- Why wearing fakes makes us cheat more
- Cheating ourselves
- Creativity and dishonesty: we are all storytellers
- Cheating as an infection: how we catch the dishonesty germ
- Collaborative cheating: why two heads aren’t necessarily better than one
- A semi-optimistic ending: people don’t cheat enough!
Download The Honest Truth About Dishonesty Pdf Free:
You can download The Honest Truth About Dishonesty Pdf ebook free.