Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking is a book by Susan Cain. The book revolves around the genre of non-fiction and explains how human psychology works. It was published in 2012 and it deals with the idea that introverts are of no use to the society. The author goes against this and she talks about how the Western society is wrong in their view of introverts.
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking Pdf Review:
The author talks about how the Western society undermines and often ignored introverts. This leads to wastage of talent and skills that these people have. Published by Crown Publishing, the book talks about how the Western society has started to see introverts as something of sinners while the extroverts are thought to be superior in all ways. The writer talks about advantages and disadvantages of both the kinds of people and explain how introverts are not the inferior and dull beings that society thinks they are.
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking Features:
- The author talks of how the society has made an Extrovert Ideal and it believes that extroverts are the alphas while the introverts are inferior.
- The belief is based on the traditional view that the man of action is somehow superior to the man of contemplation.
Table of Contents:
- Author’s Note p. xi
- Introduction: The North and South of Temperament p. 1
- Part 1 The Extrovert Ideal
- 1 The Rise of the “Mighty Likeable Fellow”: How Extroversion Became the Cultural Ideal p. 19
- 2 The Myth of Charismatic Leadership: The Culture of Personality, a Hundred Years Later p. 34
- 3 When Collaboration Kills Creativity: The Rise of the New Groupthink and the Power of Working Alone p. 71
- Part 2 Your Biology, Your Self?
- 4 Is Temperament Destiny?: Nature, Nurture, and the Orchid Hypothesis p. 97
- 5 Beyond Temperament: The Role of Free Will (and the Secret)
Download Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking Pdf Free:
You can use the download button below to download Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking Pdf ebook free.