Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions is a book written by Daniel Ariely. The book was published in 2008 and his book is aimed at those decisions that are made through rational thinking. He challenges the decisions that are made this way.
Predictably Irrational Pdf Review:
Different chapters deal with different things. The author explains how the human brain is wired and how it makes decisions. He says that human beings compare two things and that is just how it works. After comparing two things, it makes a decision instead of just sticking to one thing to come to a final decision. He proves this with an example of Rome and Paris and a honeymoon there.
Predictably Irrational Pdf Features:
- The author tries to show that relativity us what drives the most decisive. People make decisions based on relativity.
- This can make decision making easier but it also makes life miserable since people are always comparing themselves with others and feeling inferior.
Table of Contents:
- 1. The truth about relativity: why everything is relative, even when it shouldn’t be
- 2. The fallacy of supply and demand: why the price of pearls, and everything else, is up in the air
- 3. The cost of zero cost: why we often pay too much when we pay nothing
- 4. The cost of social norms: why we are happy to do things, but not when we are paid to do them
- 5. The influence of arousal: why hot is much hotter than we realize
- 6. The problem of procrastination and self-control: why we can’t make ourselves do what we want to do
- 7. The high price of ownership: why we overvalue what we have
- 8. Keeping doors open: why options distract us from our main objective
- 9. The effect of expectations: why the mind gets what it expects
- 10. The power of price: why a 50-cent aspirin can do what a penny aspirin can’t
- 11. The context of our character, part I: why we are dishonest, and what we can do about it
- 12. The context of our character, part II: why dealing with cash makes us more honest
- 13. Beer and free lunches: what is behavioral economics, and where are the free lunches?
Download Predictably Irrational Pdf Free:
You can download Predictably Irrational Pdf ebook free via the download button below.