Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View is a book written by Stanley Milgram. He was a social psychologist and his book is based on a few experiments that he conducted in the 1960s. The experiments were based on obedience to authoritative figures. The book was published in 1974.
Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View Pdf Review:
Starting in 1961, the author performed some experiments at Yale University. He instructed human subjects to inflict pain through electric shocks to other humans. The objective of this experiment was to see if people obey the authorities even when they know that the instructions they are being given are painful and immoral for the other person. In this book, the author’s methods are mentioned in detail and light is shed on to the conclusions that came from the experiments ending in 1964.
These experiments are considered the most important psychological experiments up to date. They show that people can be easily told to inflict pain upon other people by the authorities. The experiments had two findings in which the first one is that authorities can make people hurt others and that these instructions cause tension among the subjects.
Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View PDF Features:
- The book is based on experiments done by the author.
- In this book, detailed information about the experiments is given and conclusions are also mentioned.
Table of Contents:
- The Dilemma of Obedience
- Methodology of Inquiry
- Expected Behavior
- Closeness of the Victim
- Individuals Confront Authority
- Further Variations and Control
- Individuals Confront Authority II
- Role Permutations
- Group Effects
- Why Obedience?—An Analysis
- The Process of Obedience: Applying the Analysis to the Experiment
- Strain and Disobedience
- An Alternative Theory: Is Aggression the Key?
- Problems of Method
- Appendix I: Problems of Ethics in Research
- Appendix II: Patterns Among Individuals
Download Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View Pdf Free:
You can download Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View Pdf ebook free via the download button below.