Man’s Search for Meaning is a psychology book written by Victor Frankl. Published in 1946, the book is inspired by his time in a concentration camp during the second world war. The main idea mentioned in the book is the therapeutic method that has been devised by the author. His method is such that you need to think intensely of something in life that you need positively about. If you think about it too much, you will end up feeling good about yourself and this works as therapy in helpless situations.
Man’s Search for Meaning Pdf Review:
The book is aimed at answering a burning question that how does a prisoner feel in a concentration camp. The book is divided into two parts where the first part talks about the experience that the author had in the concentration camp. In the second part, the author explains his theory of logotherapy, which explains the therapy method which involves immersing one’s self into positive outcomes in life to negate the feeling of helplessness and sorrow for the time being.
Man’s Search for Meaning Pdf Features:
- The book has been translated into 24 languages and has solved over 10 million copies worldwide.
- Also, the book is one of the ten most influential books in the US. This survey was made by the Library of Congress.
- The author talks about three phases of being in the concentration camp. The first phase is the shock that a person experiences when he is admitted to the concentration camp.
- The second phase is where the person starts to value his life and that of his friends in prison and the last phase is the feeling of depersonalization that a personal experience when he is released from prison.
Table of Contents:
- Foreword / Harold S. Kushner
- Preface to the 1992 edition
- Experiences in a concentration camp
- Logotherapy in a nutshell
- Postscript 1984: The case for a tragic optimism
- Afterword / William J. Winslade.
Download Man’s Search For Meaning Pdf Free:
You can download Man’s Search For Meaning Pdf ebook free vai the download button below.