Man and His Symbols is a book about psychology written by Carl Jung. The author started the book during his life but it was published three years after his death. Published inm1964, the book has been divided into three parts. The first part is written by Jung while the other four have been written by his associates. The book contains many of the author’s theories that are better explained with the help of illustrations. The book is not specific for any kind of readers and can be widely enjoyed by everyone.
Man and His Symbols Pdf Review:
The book is written by one of the leading psychologists in the world. His book is filled with illustrations and images, through which he talks to the readers about symbolism that is revealed in dreams. His theory of symbolism is quite influential, not only in the Swiss region but in all parts of the world. The book is a great read for anyone who is interested in learning about symbolism. What sets Jung’s work apart from other works is that he talks of unexplained phenomena of the worlds and he even talks of paranormal. Instead of dismissing it like other psychologists do, he actually talks about it from how he sees it.
Man and His Symbols Features:
- The book has plenty of illustrations with symbols, accompanied by an explanation.
- Jung finished the first part of the book a few days before he died.
- There is a section in the book that relates science to the unconscious and gives insight into this field.
Table of Contents:
- Approaching the unconscious / Carl G. Jung
- Ancient myths and modern man / Joseph L. Henderson
- The process of individuation / M.-L. von Franz –
- Symbolism in the visual arts / Aniela Jaffe –
- Symbols in an individual analysis / Jolande Jacobi –
- Science and the unconscious / M.-L. von Franz.
Download Man And His Symbols Pdf Free:
You can use the download option below to download Man And His Symbols Pdf ebook free.