Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us is a book by Daniel Pink. It is his fourth nonfiction book. Published in 2008, the book was released under the house of Riverhead hardcover. He offers a new approach to motivation that is different from the old one. The approach in the book is quite great.
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us Pdf Review:
In his book, the author says that the drive for anything must come from within. It is an intrinsic force that motivates you from within. According to older ways, people were motivated by fear of punishment and another way to motivate someone to do something was by giving a reward. The extrinsic factor that is often involved in motivating people is money. Pink conducted experiments in the work Place and based his book on the results of these experiments. He said that employers should pay their employees enough that they do not worry about the money.
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us Features:
- Three factors are explained in the book that can result in a better performance.
- Autonomy is the desire from within that makes us work harder and get better at something.
- Mastery is the urge to excel at something.
- Purpose of doing a task must be well-defined. A company that is operating only with the purpose of making money cannot satisfy its employees or customers.
Table of Contents:
Introduction: the puzzling puzzles of Harry Harlow and Edward Deci
— pt. 1. A new operating system –
- The rise and fall of motivation
- Seven reasons carrots and sticks (often) don’t work—
- –and the special circumstances when they do –
- Type I and Type X –
- 2. The three elements –
- Autonomy –
- Mastery –
- Purpose — pt.
- The Type I toolkit — Type I individuals: nine strategies for awakening your motivation –
Type I for organizations: nine ways to improve your company, office, or group –
The Zen of compensation: paying people the Type I way
Download Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us Pdf Free:
You can download Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us Pdf ebook free via the download button below.