Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking is a book written by Malcolm Gladwell. It is his second book and it was published in 2005. The main idea presented in the book is that humans make some decisions and come to some reasoning with very little information. These decisions are based on instinct mostly.
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking Pdf Review:
The book is prominent in the fields of behavioral science and psychology and it talks about the behavior of human beings. In all fields, from science to economics, there is something known as adaptive conscious and that refers to the thinking processes that take place in a human mind when it is faced with having to make immediate decisions. The author explains the idea of thin-slicing in the book and according to him, this phenomenon leads to the times when people come to conclusions without having much experience with dealing such problems and nor do they have much time to think of the problem.
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking Pdf Features:
- The author says that these decisions are equally good as the ones that we make with a lot of planning and thinking.
- The book was followed by Outliers, the writer’s third book, that was published in 2008.
- The author further explains that when a person is thin slicing, his decisions may be biased based on his interest, likes, and stereotypes. This can often lead to wrong decision making and even experts fall prey to this.
Table of Contents:
- INTRODUCTION: The Statue That Didn’t Look Right
- ONE: The Theory of Thin-Slicing
- TWO: The Locked Door
- THREE: The Warren Harding Error
- FOUR: Paul Van Riper’s Big Victory: Creating Structure for Spontaneity
- FIVE: Kenna’s Dilemma: The Right-And Wrong-Way To Ask People What They
- SIX: Seven Seconds in the Bronx: The Delicate Art of Mind-Reading
- CONCLUSION: Listening With Your Eyes: The Lessons of Blink
Download Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking Pdf Free:
You can use the download button below to download Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking Pdf ebook free.